October 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
In the 1740s, the section of the house No. 34 along Bolshaya Morskaya Street belonged to the coder Danila Pavlovich Schroeder. With him there was a one-story mansion on high basements seven axes wide. Three central windows stood out with a risalite, to the right of the house there were entrance gates. In 1749, the site was listed as the widow of the confectioner Anna Pavlovna Schroeder. After her death the house was inherited by their sons. In 1781 Danil and Eberhard Schroeder were hired by merchant Nikolai Geller.
In 1804 and 1806 the site was owned by the confectioner Ivan Schroeder, and in 1809 – the meteorologist Ivan Eberhard Schroeder (apparently the same person). In the house of Schroeder, a certain Jacques opened a bronze factory, where decorations for interiors were made: watches, candelabras, candlesticks. Probably, at this time the site was divided in two, part of it from the Moika side began to belong to other people. According to the time-table of 1822, the wife of General Alexander Ivanovich Tatishchev Varvara Aleksandrovna owned the house No. 34 on Bolshaya Morskaya Street. The following year, the general became a military minister, in 1826 received a count of dignity, died in 1833. At the same time the house was handed over to Lieutenant-General Nikolai Aleksandrovich Islenev. By 1849 there was a two-storeyed mansion in the classicism style with a triangular pediment. The courtyard with a garden from the street was separated by a fence of copies with rings and vignettes.
The General’s executors in 1851 transferred the site to Colonel Sergey Aleksandrovich Isleniev according to the spiritual will as the heir for 100,000 rubles in silver. Immediately after receiving the inheritance, the new owner sold it. In 1853 and 1854, the owner of the site was the honorary citizen Tsurhozen (Tsurgozen), in the 1860s – the real state counselor Yegor Brock, in 1871 – the wife of Colonel Elizabeth Petrovna Adelson. The last of them received a mansion in 1869 as a gift from his father, the actual state councilor Peter Fedorovich Broca. It is possible that Egor and Peter Brock are one and the same person. The next owner of the house was the merchant of the 1st guild Ernest Friedrich Junker. For him in 1873, R. Yakovlev built a five-story building here.
Since the late 1880’s it was in the hands of Maria Karlovna Kalmeyer. In her house worked the board of the Vladikavkaz railway, a music store and a music factory “Zimmerman”. In the early twentieth century, she offered pianos and pianos, stringed and wind instruments, phonographs and phonographs. In 1903, the owners were people with the names Kalmeyer, Grunwald and others. Probably, these are the heirs of Maria Karlovna. Before 1917 the site belonged to the Russian for foreign trade to the bank, the owner of the neighboring houses No. 32 and 30.